Friday, August 15, 2008

Exploring Downtown Austin

Scott and I decided it would be fun to try the public bus system to explore downtown Austin. We started out at the "Park and Ride" in Round Rock and rode it all the way downtown. We saw lots of interesting people on the way!! The girls thought it was great. We stopped off at the Capital and climbed the stairs all the way to the top. The girls tried their first piece of New York Style Pizza - it was almost bigger than them!! We walked down to the Austin Museum of Art and then down the dirt path to Town Lake/Lady Bird Johnson Lake. We thought we could just walk over to Zilker Park, but it was 100 degrees that day and we didn't quite make it. Maybe next time.




Haylee was so excited to get on the bus and out of the heat!











Kelsee's first ride on the bus!!











Our first visit to the Capital of Texas




mmm...
this pizza is awesome!!






Lady Bird Lake




Ewwww gross - next time we'll wear tennis shoes instead of flip flops!!






Waiting for the bus to go home...

1 comments:

MamaOz said...

Looks like you guys had a blast in Austin! I don't know how you did it in 100 degree weather- I would have melted!! I love your blog!